MaxTAF supports Maximo throughout its lifecycle, not just during the implementation project.
Maximo is a functionally rich and complex product. Manual testing of Maximo is very labour intensive, time-consuming, costly and error prone. The consequence of this is that customers stay on older versions of Maximo and are reluctant to upgrade, because of fears that implementing new releases without comprehensive testing will put the existing system at risk. Maintenance and Support for older versions of Maximo is more expensive (typically >50% higher) with a limited choice of providers .
MaxTAF enables all the layers of Maximo to be tested simultaneously, in a single test. Generic tools are not ideal for testing Maximo for many reasons including:
- dynamic screen element ID’s in Maximo make the testing process inefficient and frustrating
- test coverage is often limited to just user interface testing
MaxTAF significantly increases the productivity of the testing activity while assuring the quality and integrity of the Maximo system. Typically MaxTAF will deliver a return on investment within the timeframe of the Maximo project implementation.
MaxTAF is also an excellent tool for:
- loading data into Maximo ensuring integrity of the data migrated from the legacy system.
- delivering Maximo training to end users. The test scripts loaded into MaxTAF provide “role based” training in the use of Maximo to execute specific business processes.
- active functional monitoring of the Maximo environment
- supporting a Test Driven Development (TDD) approach to the implementation of Maximo.
- ongoing support activities, future upgrades and implementation of patches/hot fixes.